- FutureFlash - ICA’s “must attend” annual thought leadership conference for agency CEOs featuring an acclaimed roster of international speakers
- FFWD: Advertising & Marketing Week (www.advertisingweek.ca) – Launched in 2009, is Canada’s largest and most diverse industry gathering, including major events in Toronto (parties, workshops, speakers, awards galas, etc.). ICA member agencies develop content and communications in collaboration with media partners, governments, clients, corporate sponsors, other associations and universities/colleges. Will be held again from January 26 – 30, 2015.
- Ad Women of Toronto (www.adwomentoronto.ca) – Group for women in communications providing mentorship, education and connection. Ad Women Connections offers workshops in areas of interest (social media, leadership, etc.).
Member Programs and Services
- Members’ Advantage Programme (MAP) – Offers significant discounts and savings for ICA member agencies and their employees with a number of preferred suppliers.
- ICA’s website (www.icacanada.ca) – Our dynamic new website allows members to showcase their work and provides access to the Members’ Only area, to view all of our valuable resources online, including business management tools, research resources and much more.
- Member-Only Surveys – Access to confidential industry benchmarking information. The Salary Survey and Operating Statistics survey are done annually. The Billing Rates survey and Senior Management survey are done in alternate years.
- Independent Agencies – ICA offers a popular Forum of Independent Agencies (for owner operators) on a quarterly basis.
- Information Services – ICA members have access to our one-of-a-kind Canadian advertising research service, staffed by highly trained information professionals. We provide information to empower your business decisions.
- ICA’s Library – ICA maintains a collection of the best books, magazines and audio-visual resources available pertaining to the advertising and communications industry, as well as over 600 subject files.
- Financial Advice – ICA frequently consults on a variety of financial issues and calculations, including taxation changes.
- Financial Bulletins – Sent out regularly to decode some of the complexities of governmental changes.
- FridayFlash – A weekly electronic newsletter designed to aggregate relevant news items from Canada and around the world, targeted to CEOs and agency leaders.
- 4A’s events – highly discounted rates are offered to ICA members.
- Listing as member in Annual Report and on website (www.icacanada.ca) and listings with CARD.
- www.agencysearch.ca is for ICA members only – opportunity to be included in ICA assisted agency searches (10+ in 2013/14).
- Member profiles have been viewed 92,000+ times since the website was re-launched in January 2013.
- ICA has conducted 100+ pitches without spec work which equates to an industry savings of 20M+
Promoting Agency Value
- CASSIES – This premier awards show is dedicated to recognizing, rewarding, and improving the business effectiveness of advertising.
- Government Connections – Advertising Review Board liaison (Ontario), Health Canada and Marketing to Children; ICA sits on the permanent government advisory committee for Public Works & Government Services Canada.
- Ethics – All ICA members sign and abide by our “Code of Ethics, Practices and Obligations,” which the Ontario Advertising Review Board has called “… the gold standard for ethical conduct within the Canadian communications industry and should be promoted to both ICA and non-ICA members throughout the industry. We congratulate the ICA on this initiative and the important role ICA continues to play in fostering the highest standards of professional practice within our industry.”
- E-CEO – In-depth digital workshops for CEOs and agency leaders.
- Skill Building and Workshops – Annually ICA provides industry accreditation in critical skill areas (for example the venerable CAAP program for creative and strategy skills). A series of workshops are also held regularly to enhance a select range of specific technical and professional skills. ICA members access all offerings at significantly discounted rates.
- University relations, internships and recruiting – The ICA makes frequent presentations at universities and colleges. It also actively participates in the McMaster University “Canada’s Next Top Ad Exec” program, which involves over 250 business and commerce students who are enrolled in universities across Canada.
- Best Practices Committees – ICA members are active voices in our industry through participation in various committees and also have the opportunity to influence the direction of the industry by sitting on the ICA Board of Directors and Board of Governors.
- ACTRA Bargaining/Steering Committees – ICA members have an important voice negotiating the Commercial Production Agreement.